Age & Ability
Hotline Service and Website Information for the Wisconsin Deaf Community
Who Need Services for Abuse
If you are asking yourself one or any of these questions:
- Am I experiencing abuse?
- I know someone who is experiencing abuse; what can I do for that person?
- I want to know more about abuse, where can I find more information?
- What is available in Wisconsin that will help me or for someone I know?
Then there is an answer for you!
Deaf Unity has a hotline that will help you answer your question or questions. All calls and contacts are CONFIDENTIAL and the staff and volunteer advocates are trained to listen, provide information and referral or help with resources. We want to offer hope to you that there is a way to stop the abuse.
To contact the hotline, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 20 minutes after your email. Please tell us how to contact you back (Email? Videophone? Text? Instant Messaging?). We want to make sure we can contact or call you back safely.
Deaf Unity Hotline Hours:
Mondays-Fridays 9 am – 5 pm
Mondays-Fridays 6 – 10 pm
Deaf Unity also has a website: www.deafunitywi.org
- For Domestic Violence Awareness Month in 2013, Deaf Unity released a series of videos throughout the month, talking about Domestic Violence.
- Eight Step Advocacy Plan for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Survivors of Sexual Assault - Resource Sharing Project