Communications & Events Internship
Recruiting for Summer 2017
The Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault (WCASA) seeks qualified applicants for an unpaid, volunteer communications and events internship.
In addition to the duties below, interns can propose and pursue an independent project to dive deeper into an issue or competency and to develop a portfolio-grade product. Examples of projects include, but are not limited to, developing a marketing video, an online toolkit, a communications strategy memo, an opinion article (op-ed) for submission to news outlets, and explanatory infographics.
- Assist with social media research, drafting and scheduling/posting
- Assist with managing website and databases
- Assist with event planning and communications planning
- Assist with drafting and/or launching press releases, action alerts, updates, op-eds, message framing and talking points, web copy, reports, etc.
- Attend and cover occasional meetings or events
- Collaborate effectively with staff members as needed on other projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detai
- Strong computer and Internet skills
- Strong interest in ending sexual violence
- Creative thinker
- Respectful and constructive team player
- Eager to learn and to collaborate
This is an unpaid, volunteer internship. However, WCASA can collaborate with interns and their schools on providing academic credit.
How to Apply
Your application should include a cover letter, resume, three professional references, tentative start/end date, and your availability. Please send this application to Dominic Holt and Peter Fiala. No calls, please. Thank you for your interest!