survivors & allies
April 1, 2017
Day of Healing: Survivors & Allies
Concourse Hotel, Madison
This year's Day of Healing is comprised of a Survivors & Allies event from 9:30am-1:30pm and is followed by the 6th Annual Wrap Around the Capitol at 2:00pm.
Featured at the Survivors & Allies event is:
- Survivor to Thriver: An interactive, therapeutic session on poetry that promotes resilience.
- Bent Never Broken - Healing from the Inside Out: Coping with mental illness and PTSD as a survivor of sexual abuse.
- 1 Billion Rising Dance Class: Learn the dance for the song “Break the Chain,” which is considered the anthem of the One Billion Rising movement, a world‐wide movement to end injustice and abuse against women and girls.
- Healer WithinTM Group Practice: learn simple and effective techniques to activate your innate healing power through gentle movement, self-applied massage, breathing exercises, and meditation.
- Individual Reiki Healing Sessions: Reiki uses light touch to lower stress, enhance relaxation, relieve pain and increase self-awareness.
- Massage appointments
- Download printable flyer (English) (en Español)
Survivors and Allies events are held to bring Wisconsin survivors and their allies together so they may network and discuss new developments in the sexual assault movement. It is important to make the connection between the two groups. The purpose of the meeting is to provide survivors with opportunities to voice their concerns and suggestions about current issues that the sexual assault movement is facing.
Registration / Meeting Assistance
There is no cost to attend.
Assistance for mileage or lodging is available and are available based on limited funds.
Also join us for:
- 4/1 @ 2:00pm: The 6th Annual Wrap Around the Capitol, happening at the Capitol Building across the street from the Madison Concourse immediately following Survivors & Allies.
Survivors & Allies Task Force Meetings are held throughout the year and throughout the state. Please continue to watch our website for details about future meetings and activities of this group. If you are interested in being part of the planning you can contact Nestic Morris, Outreach Coordinator, at nesticm @ wcasa.org if you have questions.