WCASA caters its events towards the needs of its membership and the service providers of the state as a whole. It also partners with a number of social service organizations to provide comprehensive training and awareness-raising programming year round.
Our monthly newsletters are also a great place to find information about upcoming events and regional trainings.
upcoming 2016 trainings and events
Paths to Healing
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Madison
July 19 & 20
The Northern Training
North Star Mohican Casino, Bowler
August 31 - September 2
National Sexual Assault Conference (NSAC)
September 14 & 15
Fall Directors Meeting
In collaboration with End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin and American Indians Against Abuse
Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS)
Sexual Assault Victim Advoacy School (SAVAS)
*Please keep checking back for updates
If you've attended an event and are eligible to submit for reimbursement, complete and submit this reimbursement form.
If you don't see an event above, information has not been released yet. For now, you can view information from the last scheduled event here:
- Director's Meetings (held 2x/year) - Domestic violence, sexual assault and tribal executive directors to learn, share, challenge and enhance sexual assault and domestic violence services in our state.WCASA co-sponsors the meeting with American Indians Against Abuse and End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin.
- Northern Training (held every July) - Each year, American Indians Against Abuse (AIAA), End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin and WCASA present annual training for rural and tribal programs. This training was designed for staff of Wisconsin rural and tribal domestic and sexual abuse programs. Advocates of all experience levels are welcome.
- Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) (2x/year) - This training addresses the needs of being a victim advocate - whether working the crisis line, providing medical or legal advocacy, working with a community coordinated response team or more. Participants will have the opportunity to practice skills necessary to prove comprehensive advocacy for victims. New sexual assault advocates, domestic violence victim advocates, and other professionals who want to learn more information about sexual violence are encouraged to attend.
- Survivors & Allies Task Force Meetings (2x/year) - Survivors and Allies Task Force Meetings are held to bring Wisconsin survivors and their allies together so they may network and discuss new developments in the sexual assault movement. It is important to make the connection between the two groups. The purpose of the meeting is to provide survivors with opportunities to voice their concerns and suggestions about current issues that the sexual assault movement is facing.
- Voices of Courage Awards Ceremony/Luncheon (held every April) - The ceremony honors the outstanding work of Wisconsin individuals and organizations that have exceeded the very highest standards in their dedicated efforts to end sexual violence and support survivors.
- Wrap Around the Capitol (held every April) - Survivors and allies join hands and encircle the capitol to show our support for survivors of sexual violence in observance of Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM)
- Annual Meeting (held each November) - WCASA celebrates the year’s accomplishments, our commitment to survivors and discuss the future.