WCASA partners with a number of social service organizations to provide comprehensive training and awareness-raising programming year round. WCASA has a full Training and Event Calendar planned for 2013: see the 2013 Events Calendar.
Our monthly newsletters are also a great place to find information about upcoming events and regional trainings.
WCASA's 2013 Trainings and Events
If you would like the Brochures and Registration Forms emailed to you, please Contact WCASA.
Teen Summit on Dating and Sexual Violence
Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
March 17-19, 2014
White Privilege Conference: Building Relationships! Strengthening Communities! Seeking Justice!
Monona Terrace, Madison
March 26-29, 2014
Survivors & Allies Task Force Meeting/Voices of Courage Awards Ceremony/ 3rd Annual Wrap Around the Capitol
Masonic Center, Madison
April 26, 2014
If you don't see an event above, it probably isn't open yet. For now, you can view information from the last scheduled event here:
- Director's Meetings (held 2x/year) - Domestic violence, sexual assault and tribal executive directors to learn, share, challenge and enhance sexual assault and domestic violence services in our state.WCASA co-sponsors the meeting with American Indians Against Abuse and End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin.
- Northern Training (held every July) - Each year, American Indians Against Abuse (AIAA), the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence (WCADV) and WCASA present annual training for rural and tribal programs. This training was designed for staff of Wisconsin rural and tribal domestic and sexual abuse programs. Advocates of all experience levels are welcome.
- Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) (2x/year) - This training addresses the needs of being a victim advocate - whether working the crisis line, providing medical or legal advocacy, working with a community coordinated response team or more. Participants will have the opportunity to practice skills necessary to prove comprehensive advocacy for victims. New sexual assault advocates, domestic violence victim advocates, and other professionals who want to learn more information about sexual violence are encouraged to attend.
- Survivors & Allies Task Force Meetings (2x/year) - Survivors and Allies Task Force Meetings are held to bring Wisconsin survivors and their allies together so they may network and discuss new developments in the sexual assault movement. It is important to make the connection between the two groups. The purpose of the meeting is to provide survivors with opportunities to voice their concerns and suggestions about current issues that the sexual assault movement is facing.
- Annual Meeting (held each November) - WCASA celebrates the year’s accomplishments and our commitment to survivors. We need your presence, your participation, and your voice to work together to build a stronger WCASA. Come and join us in the discussion as we look toward the future. The schedule is as follows: