- Community Readiness Model [link to Tri-Ethnic Center at Colorado State University] tool to measure readiness and to develop stage-appropriate strategies.
- Developing Effective Coalitions: An Eight Step Guide: Prevention Institute guide; summary sheet and full guide available as PDF downloads.
- Movement Building for Transformational Change: Bringing Together Diverse Leaders for Connection and Vision, a Booklet by Fran Korten and Roverto Vargas (link to project info; PDF document download available on that page) from Yes! Magazine: http://www.yesmagazine.org/
- Transforming Communities: Creating Safety, Justice & Equality: Technical Assistance, Training & Resource Center.
- Training Professionals in the Primary Prevention of Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence: A Planning Guide: CDC [link to download page; Text Only version available].
- The Perfect Shade of Change: Resources for Sexual Violence Preventionists Creating Safe and Healthy Communities: Resource packet from the NSVRC (National Sexual Violence Resource Center); available as one document or separate modules in PDF.
- NSVRC Reports:
- Year 1 Report on National Prevention Strength and Needs Assessment: First step in a three year process to measure the primary prevention capacity of the sexual violence prevention field (link to page; document available as PDF and text versions).
- Year 2 Report on National Prevention Strength and Needs Assessment: (link to page; document available as PDF and text versions).
- Year 3 Report on National Prevention Strength and Needs Assessment: (link to page; document available as PDF).
- The Community Toolbox: Lots of great resources around coalition building, assessment, leadership, and cultural competence.
- The Collaboration Primer: From the Health Research and Education Trust (HRET); 2010 guide; see esp. the Network to Collaborate Continuum (pg. 3).
- Collaboration Multiplier tool: Prevention Institute: a framework for assessing collaboration across partnerships; link to description page, downloadable tools available as PDF’s.
- INSTIGATE! Free online toolkit for starting a community action team: a project of Transforming Communities.
- Community Mobilization and Primary Prevention: PreventConnect e•Learning module.
- Youth Activist Prevention Toolkit: Hosted on VAWNet, a project of FCADV (Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence), 2011.
- Facing History and Ourselves: Combats racism, antisemitism, and prejudice and nurtures democracy through education programs; resources for educators and professional development.
- Prevention Conf. Call – Access to Schools: “Getting your Foot In the Door” w/ Jess Kaeney of Hope House [59:59 min] recorded Aug. 30, 2012.
- Shifting the Paradigm: Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence: Toolkit from the ACHA (American College Health Association).
- Preventing Sexual Violence: A Team Approach for Campuses (6.2 MB): Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA) Executive summary of their 2010 college conference on sexual assault in conjunction with University of Maryland; nice overview of intersection of sexual violence prevention and campus life.
- SCOPE (School and College Organization for Prevention Educators) Membership agency providing resources, listserv, and training.
- One Student.org: Campaigns and resources geared towards college age populations.