As with any disease, conflict, or endeavor, it is not enough to meet the challenges head-on–we must be a step ahead of the issue; we must be upstream, investigating the root causes of the issue.
WI Service Providers - please take the WI Prevention Survey; learn more...
WCASA Prevention Efforts:
Forward Wisconsin: A Plan for the Prevention of Sexual Violence – state-wide initiative to increase prevention efforts over the next five years; Learn More...
- RPE – Rape Prevention Education Program (NSVRC Factsheet)
- December 2012: WCASA Announces the ELC (Evaluation Learning Collaborative) – a new opportunity for state-wide programs with experience implementing sexual violence prevention; for information and RFP application materials, see the ELC page...
- Rise to the Challenge campaign
- join the conversation on the WCASA Prevention Listserv
WCASA's 2013 Prevention Education Webinar series, free and open to the public. These sessions provide an opportunity for prevention educators and others to connect and for coalition staff to promote prevention education and organizing. Webinars will be archived and made available after the presentation. For details, download the flyer .
FWI: Forward Wisconsin Initiative – a shared vision for preventing interpersonal violence in partnership with:
- Child Abuse Prevention Fund of Children’s Hospital & Health System
- Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Children’s Trust Fund
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Department of Health Services
- Governor’s Council on Domestic Abuse
National Prevention Organizations
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)’s Rape Prevention Education (RPE) Grant page a project of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Injury & Prevention Control – Sexual Violence prevention information page