Each year, American Indians Against Abuse (AIAA), the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence (WCADV) and WCASA present annual training for rural and tribal programs.
This training was designed for staff of Wisconsin rural and tribal domestic and sexual abuse programs. Advocates of all experience levels are welcome.
July 17th Participants will...
- Have the opportunity to learn from each other how historical trauma has been addressed in local communities
- Better understand the challenges involved in implementing formal SA programs within tribal programs
- Address the need for community education and explore strategies to overcome community resistance
July 18th Participants will...
- Engage in a focused conversation about sustaining connections among different programs and communities.
- Build upon the foundations of the 2012 Northern Training to advance the work of creating and sustaining connections.
Location: Lake of the Torches Resort Casino, Lac du Flambeau
Date/Time: July 17-18, 2013
Cost: $50 (members of AIAA, WCADV & WCASA), $100 (non-members)
Registration Due: June 14th
See Registration Form for more information.