The Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault works to build the capacity of professionals and systems across Wisconsin to address the legal needs of sexual assault survivors. This is achieved by:
- providing legal technical assistance to professionals who work with survivors of sexual assault
- providing training on various legal issues impacting survivors of sexual assault
- creating educational resources
- Legal Protections for Immigrant & Refugee Survivors (December 2017)
- Victim Accompaniment Law (April 2016)
- Services to Minors (December 2014)
- Confidentiality Considerations & Federal Funding Requirements* (December 2014)
- View a listing of all of WCASA's webinars
- Please contact Ian Henderson, Director of Legal and Systems Services, to request a training.
- LOTUS Legal Clinic - LOTUS Legal Clinic empowers survivors of sexual violence and trafficking. We provide direct, comprehensive legal services, advocacy and community education, and we invest in survivors as change agents.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin Sexual Assault Victim Rights Project - Legal Action's Victim Rights Project lawyers protect the privacy and other rights of sexual assault survivors. This project is a partnership with Wisconsin Judicare. All crime victims - including sexual assault survivors - have statutory rights, but it can be very difficult to assert and protect them. It's also expensive. That's where our lawyers step in.
- Legal Momentum.org - The nation's oldest legal defense and education fund dedicated to advancing the rights of all women and girls. For more than 40 years, Legal Momentum has made historic contributions through litigation and public policy advocacy to advance economic and personal security for women.