Due to ongoing restrictions in response to COVID-19, WCASA will be offering its Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) online. Please note: these are LIVE Zoom sessions. It will be broken up in to individual sessions: conducted Monday thru Thursday, the weeks of June 1st, 8th and 15th (See schedule). We are offering this opportunity to staff of member Sexual Assault Service Providers (SASPs).
SAVAS addresses the basics of being a victim advocate — answering the crisis line, providing individual and systems advocacy and providing outreach in your community. We are adapting sessions and activities to fit the constraints of web-based learning, while striving to provide a similar experience to in-person events. The next in-person SAVAS is tentatively scheduled for September 2020.
• Monday, June 1: 1:00-3:30pm – Welcome & Introduction to SAVAS / SA Dynamics
• Tuesday, June 2: 1:00-3:30pm – Advocacy / Crisis Intervention
• Wednesday, June 3: 1:00-3:30pm – Child & Adolescent Survivors / Role Plays
• Thursday, June 4: 1:00-3:30pm – SA Outreach / Outreach Planning
• Monday, June 8: 1:00-3:30pm – Intersection of SV & Racism
• Tuesday, June 9: 1:00-3:30pm – Working with Native American Survivors
• Wednesday, June 10: 1:00-3:30pm – Working with Diverse Communities & Survivors
• Thursday, June 11: 1:00-3:30pm – Aspiring Allyship / Advocates of Color Caucus
• Monday, June 15: 1:00-3:30pm – Sexual Assault Laws
• Tuesday, June 16: 1:00-3:30pm – System Advocacy / Support Groups
• Wednesday, June 17: 1:00-3:30pm – Medical Advocacy / Self-Care
• Thursday, June 18: 1:00-3:30pm – Legal Advocacy / SAVAS Wrap-up
SAVAS is free of charge for staff of certified Sexual Assault Service Providers
Register at the link below.