- This event has passed.
Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) Online
August 20, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Due to ongoing restrictions in response to COVID-19, WCASA will be offering its Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) online. Please note: these are LIVE Zoom sessions. It will be broken up in to individual sessions: conducted Monday thru Thursday, the weeks of August 3rd, 10th and 17th (see schedule). We are offering this opportunity to staff of member Sexual Assault Service Providers (SASPs).
SAVAS addresses the basics of being a victim advocate — answering the crisis line, providing individual and systems advocacy and providing outreach in your community. We are adapting sessions and activities to fit the constraints of web-based learning, while striving to provide a similar experience to in-person events. The next in-person SAVAS is tentatively scheduled for September 2020.
• Monday, August 3: 1:00-3:30pm – Welcome & Introduction to SAVAS / SA Dynamics
• Tuesday, August 4: 1:00-3:30pm – Advocacy / Crisis Intervention
• Wednesday, August 5: 1:00-3:30pm – Child & Adolescent Survivors / Role Plays
• Thursday, August 6: 1:00-3:30pm – SA Outreach
• Monday, August 10: 1:00-3:30pm – Intersection of SV & Racism
• Tuesday, August 11: 1:00-3:30pm – Anti-Racism in Indian Country
• Wednesday, August 12: 1:00-3:30pm – Working with Diverse Communities & Survivors
• Thursday, August 13: 1:00-3:30pm – Aspiring Allyship / Advocates of Color Caucus
• Monday, August 17: 1:00-3:30pm – Sexual Assault Laws
• Tuesday, August 18: 1:00-3:30pm – System Advocacy / Support Groups
• Wednesday, August 19: 1:00-3:30pm – Medical Advocacy / Self-Care
• Thursday, August 20: 1:00-3:30pm – Legal Advocacy / SAVAS Wrap-up
• Friday, August 21: 1:00-3:30pm – Crime Victim Compensation; Victim Rights & Marsy’s Law; Q&A on Pre-Work Sessions
SAVAS is free of charge for staff of certified Sexual Assault Service Providers
Register at the link below.