Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) Online
October 26 - October 29
PLEASE NOTE: SAVAS is full with a waitlist. We will keep in contact with you if there is a cancellation.
Due to ongoing restrictions in response to COVID-19, WCASA will be offering its Sexual Assault Victim Advocacy School (SAVAS) online. Please note: these are LIVE Zoom sessions. It will be broken up in to individual sessions: conducted Monday thru Thursday, the weeks of October 26th, November 2nd and November 9th (see schedule). We are offering this opportunity to staff of member Sexual Assault Service Providers (SASPs).
SAVAS addresses the basics of being a victim advocate — answering the crisis line, providing individual and systems advocacy and providing outreach in your community. We are adapting sessions and activities to fit the constraints of web-based learning, while striving to provide a similar experience to in-person events. The next in-person SAVAS is tentatively scheduled for January 2021.
• Monday, October 26: 1:00-3:30pm – Welcome & Introduction to SAVAS / SA Dynamics
• Tuesday, October 27: 1:00-3:30pm – Advocacy / Crisis Intervention
• Wednesday, October 28: 1:00-3:30pm – Child & Adolescent Survivors / Role Plays
• Thursday, October 29: 1:00-3:30pm – SA Outreach
• Monday, November 2: 1:00-3:30pm – Intersection of SV & Racism
• Tuesday, November 3: 1:00-3:30pm – Anti-Racism in Indian Country
• Wednesday, November 4: 1:00-3:30pm – Working with Diverse Communities & Survivors
• Thursday, November 5: 1:00-3:30pm – Aspiring Allyship / Advocates of Color Caucus
• Monday, November 9: 1:00-3:30pm – Sexual Assault Laws
• Tuesday, November 10: 1:00-3:30pm – System Advocacy / Support Groups
• Wednesday, November 11: 1:00-3:30pm – Medical Advocacy / Self-Care
• Thursday, November 12: 1:00-3:30pm – Legal Advocacy / SAVAS Wrap-up
• Friday, November 13: 1:00-3:30pm – Crime Victim Compensation; Victim Rights & Marsy’s Law; Q&A on Pre-Work Sessions
SAVAS is free of charge for staff of certified Sexual Assault Service Providers
Register at the link below.