Military sexual violence has received widespread attention by the media and policymakers in recent years. Frequently, this attention has focused on the lack of responses by the military to support survivors and hold offenders accountable. The film The Invisible War brought to light the experiences of military sexual violence survivors, and since that time, there have been efforts to system responses and to increase prevention efforts.
- Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
- Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR)
- Sexual Violence in the Military – A Civilian Guide for Advocates (NSVRC)
- NAESV Military Sexual Violence Policy Statement